Support programs are available for patients taking Neulasta®
Neulasta® patients who need financial assistance may be eligible for assistance from several sources. These include:
- Independent co-pay foundations
- The Safety Net Foundation, which provides Neulasta® at no cost for eligible patients
- The Neulasta® Co-Pay Coupon Program
89% of Neulasta® patients had $0 out-of-pocket costs, based on a national claims database*1
Your patients may be eligible for the Neulasta® Co-Pay Coupon Program†
The Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program is a medical benefit co-pay coupon program to help commercially insured eligible patients with their deductible, co-insurance, and/or co-pay requirements for Neulasta® (pegfilgrastim).
- 100% of an eligible patient's combined co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible will be covered for the patient's first injection of Neulasta® covered by the Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program
- For all subsequent injections of Neulasta®, Amgen will pay the eligible patient's combined out-of-pocket co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible amount in excess of $25 per dose for a total program benefit up to $5,000 per patient per 6-month period
- The 6-month program periods run from January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31
Eligible patients can be enrolled in the program and receive program benefits across program benefit periods.
- The $5,000 cap simply restarts on the first day of the new 6-month program period cycle until the patient’s treatment regimen ends or the program is discontinued, whichever is sooner
- Once registered, the Neulasta FIRST STEP® Card is valid for the enrolled patient’s entire course of Neulasta® treatment
- Eligible patients may re-enroll at any time a new course of treatment with Neulasta® is initiated
The Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program may help eligible patients with out-of-pocket costs associated with Neulasta® purchased and administered at a participating clinic or institution.
- The program does not cover costs associated with a patient visit including physician, staff, or administrative charges associated with administering Neulasta®, or the out-of-pocket costs for Neulasta® purchased at a specialty or retail pharmacy and then administered at a clinic or institution
- A clinic or institution must first be enrolled before a patient can participate in this program
- Amgen reserves the right to deny payment under the Neulasta FIRST STEP® Program to anyone deemed ineligible in accordance with the stated criteria
Enrolling your practice
To enroll your practice in the Amgen FIRST STEP® Program, please call 1-888-65-STEP1 (1-888-657-8371). Offices must complete this process once prior to processing the Amgen FIRST STEP® Program Cards.
*National claims database included 166,581 patients, across all insurance types, between January 2011 and August 2014.
†Eligibility Criteria: Most patients who have commercial insurance are eligible to enroll in the Neulasta® Co-Pay Coupon Program, once their physician has determined that Neulasta® is right for them. Not open to uninsured patients or patients covered by federal, state, or government-funded insurance programs (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.), or where prohibited by law. Restrictions apply. Offer subject to change or discontinuation without notice. This is not health insurance.
Learn about assistance for uninsured patients
- Data on file, Amgen.
Neulasta® is administered by subcutaneous injection.